Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Ya Just Never Know

It's frustrating that I never know from day to day how I'm going to feel.  Today, I feel pretty good.  But yesterday I didn't get to work until noon, and that followed a whole weekend of not doing anything.  My biggest cooking accomplishment did not rise above a fried egg sandwich.  Peanut butter, crackers, popcorn, and cheese rounded out my meals for the weekend.  Stopped by the store on my way home to pick up a few things.  Really wanted a home-made hamburger with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, mayo & mustard.  By the time I got home, I was too tired to cook.  Had cereal & milk instead.  Feeling hopeful that I will get that hamburger tonight.



Just wish that I could plan things and count on having the energy to go through with them.  If there is some secret formula of activity + food = feeling good, I'd like to discover the secret.



In the meantime, I'll accept this is my life right now, stay the course, and expect better things in the future.



By the way, after eating low-sodium for weeks, I'm eating a Weight Watchers meal with 560 grams of sodium today.  It is too salty for me.

“Apprehension, uncertainty, waiting, expectation, fear of surprise, do a patient more harm than any exertion.”
Florence Nightengale

No comments:

Post a Comment